International student success at Tulane University begins with OISS Online Orientation! It is designed to help you:
- Adjust to academic and social life at Tulane;
- Comply with government regulations pertaining to your stay in the U.S;
- Learning about on and off campus resources and support services;
- Become comfortable with the local community and U.S. culture; and
- Meet other new international students.
Studies show the benefits of participating in orientation programs. Faculty members and advisors see a marked difference in the preparedness and success of students who have participated in orientation.
OISS Online Orientation (Mandatory for students in F-1 and J-1 status)
What is it?
OISS Online Orientation is an online course made up of educational modules created to help international students learn about immigration regulations, adjusting to being a student in the United States, Tulane University resources and more. New international students will be able to work through the content at their own pace while asking questions and sharing with current international student moderators as well as their fellow other new international students. New international students will be automatically enrolled in this Canvas course.
The following quizzes are required for you to complete your online check-in. We encourage you to review all of the content in order to better prepare you to be a Tulane University student.
- Rights, Responsibilities and Benefits of F-1/ J-1 Student Status (Quiz in Canvas)
- Title IX Essentials for International Students (Assignment in Online Orientation It is an external website.)
- OISS Important Tips (Quiz in Canvas)
U.S. citizens who live abroad or feel they would benefit from the content in the OISS Online Orientation can request to be added at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the immigration content does not refer to you, but all of the other information does