Transferring to Tulane

Students sitting in front of building

Congratulations on your admission to Tulane University. Each and every semester, students transfer to Tulane, and we are thrilled you're considering making the move.

For complete information, please visit the transfer section of Admissions Department here.


F-1 Students


If you have taken university courses at a non-American, international university, it is necessary that your university courses be evaluated by World Educational Services (WES). This ensures a fair and accurate evaluation of all international transcripts sent to Tulane. Please note that this evaluation may be used by any other university to which you have applied and, ultimately, to any graduate program you may pursue in the future.

International transfer students who have successfully completed 30 credit hours at an American university may waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.

F-1 Immigration Transfer Process

Please keep in mind that the admission transfer process and the immigration transfer process are two separate procedures.

  • Because you are transferring to Tulane University from another SEVIS institution in the United States, we cannot issue you a Tulane I-20 until your current school releases your SEVIS record.
  • To have your SEVIS record released, you will need to begin by communicating with your current international student advisor that you intend to transfer to Tulane University.
  • Your advisor will release your record to us on a specified date, usually the last day of exams, or the last day of OPT.
  • Once your SEVIS record has been released, we will complete your immigration transfer and issue you an I-20.

Transfer & Travel

  • If you are planning to leave the United States and will return after your SEVIS transfer to Tulane University is completed, you must use your Tulane I-20 to re-enter the country.
  • If you are planning to remain in the United States prior to transferring, your transfer has to be completed before you start classes at Tulane.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at 504-865-5208 or


J-1 Students

Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars directly at