International student success at Tulane University begins with OISS Orientation! It is designed to help you:
- Adjust to academic and social life at Tulane;
- Comply with government regulations pertaining to your stay in the U.S;
- Learning about on and off campus resources and support services;
- Learn how to navigate the campus;
- Become comfortable with the local community and U.S. culture; and
- Meet people and make friends from around the world.
Studies show the benefits of participating in orientation programs. Faculty members and advisors see a marked difference in the preparedness and success of students who have participated in orientation.
The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) will provide you with important information you need to maintain your immigration status, understand the U.S. healthcare system and insurance, succeed academically and socially, and learn about U.S. culture. During this half-day experience, you will hear from staff members from OISS as well as current international students, who will share their experiences and advice.
TU Advantage students must participate in International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation the week before classes starts. In addition to learning more valuable information, students will have the opportunity to meet the remainder of the incoming international students.
For more information, click here.